The use of Stretch bands is the new and creative way to securing all kinds of packaged goods. Each PE recyclable film has immense elastic strength that allows excellent pallet stability. They are an effective tool to secure pallet loads, drums and rolls of goods. They can even be used to keep the palletized load steady; should there be a need to move it to the wrapping machine or racking.
Stretch Wrap: Intra Warehouse Transportation?
For Intra warehouse operations, the use of conventional stretch wraps safeguards the integrity of the shipment. Stretch wraps protect the cargo even during storage as it can protect the load when bumping into other cargo.
However, utilizing this method only to transfer goods within the warehouse would mean using a lot of the material per pallet load. For the bigger shipments, it would mean the use of special wrapping machines and strapping tools, thereby adding to expenses, not to mention man power hours.
The Stretch Band Solution
Stretch Bands (also called pallet straps) are secure and cost effective alternative to stretch wraps, adhesive tapes, rubber bands, pack twines, wrapping bands, etc. Before goods are shipped or stored, they are placed on a pallet. Stretch bands ensure that the pallet loads don’t shift especially when being loaded via forklifts to the truck, trailer or for warehouse storage. The securing is imperative to prevent the load from shifting apart and to keep the products from damage.
Stretch bands solve the problem of incurring too much plastic waste. They merely stretch around your pallet load; no need for excessive wrapping around the loads. They have perforated strips which detach from the rolls and can stretch to accommodate the boxes on the pallet. You can apply one high, and one low to secure your load to prevent the excessive shifting of your cargo. Time spent on securing your shipment is also lessened by using this new technology.
Stretch Bands are the present and future of packaging and shipping. Delivery centers can have them on hand to care for the cargo entrusted to them by clients. And because of their easy application, prepping the cargoes can be done at high speed.
Advantages of Stretch Bands
- Stretch Bands can hold different types of loads in place without worry of slipping.
- Easy application means less time for preparing loads.
- Stretch Bands are environmentally friendly, and because you don’t have to use too much, using them is not wasteful.
- There is no need for costly machinery.
- The Pallet Bands’ elasticity and strength are tried and tested.
- There are a variety of widths, lengths and grades to meet your demands.
- Stretch Bands are a cheaper alternative to plastic wraps.
- Stretch Bands are 100% recyclable. Once they are used, they do loose elasticity and it is possible but difficult to reuse a stretch band.
- They are not adhesive so there is no damage to your packaging.
Sanstrap® is the world leader for the supply of stretch bands. They are simple and effective banding solution for packaging and distributing, stacking and palletizing.